I made some funny masks for Lucy, Sally, Linus and Charlie to wear. Mom took an old woman's robe and we made a Snoopy outfit out of that for Decklyn. Leyton got to be Woodstock and wore a costume mom found at Goodwill. We even made little caption bubbles for each character to hold. Our float turned out pretty cute.
Decklyn and my mom were joking all day that Decklyn was going to be Snoop Doggy Dog and Decklyn would laugh and say, "No, I'm hot dog diggity dog" haha! I just thought to myself that he was going to be one hot dog in that costume. He loved it and didn't want to take it off when the parade was over.
Decklyn called my mom this morning to ask her if we won the float contest. She told him we didn't win this year and his response was, "bummer". He didn't seem to mind too much.
The kids had fun and I must say the float came together pretty well in two short days. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment