Saturday, October 16, 2010

24 week appointment


Yesterday I went in for my 24 week appointment. I was not too worried about this appointment because it was just going to be a basic appointment. The doctor comes in to see me and comes in like she is looking under my chair or something and says, "Every time I see you I wonder if I'm ever going to see you look pregnant." LOL Now I must say that this does make a person feel good, but I also had to chuckle at the way she did it. I definitely feel pregnant and I also feel like its pretty obvious at this point too, but that's my view I guess.

The doctor than said she wanted to go over my ultrasound information with me so she gets on the computer and pulls up the chart. She starts reading to me what it says and what that means for me and the baby. Everything seems to be looking good. Then she says that the ultrasound says the due date is January 5th. I about fell off of my chair as that was over an entire month different from Feb. 8th. She got all confused and was trying to figure out if there was a typo or what was going. The more we looked at the results, I noticed she wasn't even on my ultrasound chart- she was reading me someone elses. OOOOOPPPSS!! Once she figured out it wasn't my chart, she got mine pulled up and explained what they saw for me. Things look pretty good for Baby Heins. She did mention that my placenta was low and that they would want to do another ultrasound to make sure things are alright with that. She didn't seemed too worried but explained that if it was still low she'd let me know what that means after the next ultrasound. Kind of a nervous feeling wondering if that has improved or what happens if it hasn't. All I know is that it could mean that the baby is at higher risk for being born early. Let's cross our fingers that there is improvements and we don't have to worry about it. :D

After going over the ultrasound she went ahead to measure how large I'm getting and listen for the heartbeat. She was feeling around and found the baby's head and said she felt that the baby was off on my right side with his head up towards my ribs. No wonder I'm feeling the kicking lower this time than I did with Decklyn. Decklyn always kicked me in the ribs. The doctor was surprised that I wasn't having any pain in my hips with the baby being so far off to the side like that. I honestly never had felt any pain until this morning. But after the day I had at school yesterday, I could just be sore from all the moving around I had to do.

When she went to get the heartbeat we both had to laugh because you could hear the baby's hiccups over top of the heartbeat. That was so cute to hear! The baby's heartrate was in the 160's. Everything seems to be looking good at this point. My next appointment is for my ultrasound on Nov. 8th. I will then have my 28 week appointment the following Monday, Nov. 15th. I'll do my best to keep you posted on what we find out.

As for Decklyn, he's still playing football. As a matter of fact he is begging me to hurry up on the computer so I can play with him. He also asked if he could tackle me. I told him no that we wouldn't be doing any tackling and he said that I couldn't play football then. LOL! Decklyn has been really into how old you have to be to play with certain toys lately- I'm not real sure how it got started, but he talks about it alot now. This morning I hear him ask Justin, "Dad, can you pretend you are 3 for a little bit to play Break the Ice with me?" LOL how cute is that. Decklyn didn't realize the box says 3+, he just noticed the 3 and asked Justin to pretend to be 3 so he could play. What a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment