Monday, October 11, 2010

Football Fanatic


Wow... Decklyn has truly become a football fanatic this football season. I swear he has to even dream about football as much as he talks about it. Tonight he's been telling everyone that he is going to play in a real game for the Hawks. He asked me if I thought that would be ok. I just had to tell him to go ask Dad. (Just so everyone knows... he wants to play for the North Fayette Hawks and not the Iowa Hawkeyes, sorry!)

Another typical scene in our house lately is Decklyn setting up his own football field and utilizing whatever is around for his endzones. He likes to use an empty milk bottle from McDonalds for the "milkies" and then uses a Viking or UNI item/figurine for the other endzone to resemble that team. He then uses his hands and plays what he calls finger football and he also commentates what is going on in the game, letting us know when we need to cheer. Justin and I are suppose to be the crowd cheering for the players. He's constantly saying what down and yard line he is on and if there was a fumble. They kick off to start the game and even kick extra points. It is truly amazing to me how much he has learned about football so far this season. I remember teaching him what downs were at the first game. Now tonight he was telling Grandma Pam all about them. Hilarious!

Besides finger football Decklyn enjoys getting dressed up in his football uniforms he has or go as is to play a game outside or in the livingroom with whoever will play with him. He'll take a balloon or a football, whatever is around to play. He's pretty comical about the rules, they always seem to change slightly in his favor. I'll definitely have to try and get a video of him in his glory, playing football and post it for you all real soon.

Tonight Decklyn is hanging with Dad upstairs watching the Vikings! I can hear them from the basement hooting and hollaring. For the most part the cheers sound positive, so I'm guessing they are winning. Justin was pretty excited to watch Randy Moss play for the Vikings again, he was even searching for his Randy Moss jersey. Pretty fun to watch those two show their football spirit. As long as everything goes their way that is. Otherwise look out!

As for Baby Heins #2... we're feeling lots of movement now and I'm definitely feeling pregnant and bigger than I did with Decklyn. I'm also so much more tired this time around- don't think I was ever really tired with Decklyn. Justin jokes with me that I keep getting up later and later in the mornings and that he doesn't know how I still get to work on time. LOL. We've been trying to convince Decklyn to help us pick a name for the baby, but he's still stuck on Zaza. Even Linda at daycare has been working on that with him- we'll just keep trying because we won't be naming the poor guy Zaza. Haha! This Friday will be my 24 week checkup. I can't believe I'm 6 months already- it's crazy how fast time goes... we'll have to be looking for baby names or he may end up being Zaza :S

No comments:

Post a Comment