
Can you believe it... I'm at 38 weeks! Where have those 38 weeks gone? I had another appointment yesterday, which was a simple and quick appointment. I have lost weight, which I was really surprised by, but the midwife said that it can be common for individuals to lose 2-3 pounds at the end of their pregnancy, so it just means I'm getting closer! She feels that the baby is probably an 8 lb. baby. We'll see- Decklyn was 8 lbs. 6 oz. The midwife and I decided not to check my progress this time as I didn't feel any different from the last appointment. She just let me know if I felt some changes I could come in and she would measure the progress, but not planning for that at this point. As much as I'd like to go early, I'm not getting my hopes up! :D
After my appointment with the midwife I visited the hospital to get a head start on some of the paperwork so I'm ready when the baby comes. I also got a tour of the OB department which was great! Palmer Lutheran is a nice place to deliver, I'm just nervous about how different it will be from delivering at Covenant. They are both very similar, but I hope I have the same experience I had with Decklyn as I really liked my experience at Covenant. While on the tour I got to see some friends of ours who just had a sweet baby boy, named Maxwell. Maxwell will be a close friend of Baby Boy Heins as they will attend daycare at the same place. Maxwell's older sister, Jayla, is about Decklyn's age- so they have a good time together.



Today, Justin and I were trying to narrow down some baby names. We each wrote down 4 names we liked and switched to see if we had anything that was the same. Surprisingly we each had 2 names that matched and Justin added one of my names to his list, so I think we'll be alright with baby names when the lil guy decides it is time to come.
The baby's room has been finished for the most part and boy does it look cute and more like a room! Pretty exciting feeling. I just need to get someone to hook up the baseboard heater and get some things hung up on the walls.
The baby will have a pretty small room, but sure looks cute! My Grandma Arlene made all of the curtains, blankets, bumper pads, and pillows. She did a great job!
The baby's dresser is actually Grandma Darlene's mother's dresser. It works just great in the baby's room.
Just another view of the room. It was difficult to take pictures because of the size of the room. Can't get back far enough to get a good picture of everything.
Better picture of the blanket/quilt.
Standing in the doorway of the baby's room.
Today I finally finished packing the baby's things, my things, and Decklyn's for when the time comes. Needless to say, we are getting closer and closer to being ready. Decklyn is very excited to be a big brother and I'm excited to see him interact with the baby. Decklyn is also super excited about getting to spend time with his Grandmas while we are at the hospital. I think his Grandmas are just as excited though!
Keep posting your guesses for the baby's size, birth date, and name! We'd love to hear what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment