Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Appointments


Well it is that time now where I start my weekly doctor appointments. I can not believe how fast time has gone this 2nd pregnancy. I am now about 37 weeks along and starting to get more and more uncomfortable- running to the bathroom all the time, can't sit too long, don't like to lay down in the same position for too long. I also noticed that this time around it is more difficult to put on my socks and shoes- lost my flexibility I guess. :D

My appointment yesterday went well. The midwife said I was about 1cm dialated and that the baby's head is starting to drop- all good to hear. Maybe the baby will be earlier than Feb. 7th. I know my mom would sure like that, with Valentine's Day so near at the flower shop. Haha!

We are also looking into some birth photography which will be an interesting experience. It will be kind of a neat way to remember the moment as you soon forget a lot about the birth of a baby. Hopefully things go well and the photographer will be able to do it.

Decklyn has been getting asked lately about if he is excited for the baby. His comment is "Yeah, 100 exciting". We think that he is really trying to say that he is 100% excited. LOL. I'm not sure where he gets some of the things he says, but it is pretty comical. When I ask him why he is so excited he says so he can play with the baby. He wants to cover him up when he is sleeping and read to him so he can learn to read. HAHA! I hope he is that nice to him when he is here.

This afternoon I am off shopping with my mom to look for an area rug for the baby's room. We are finally getting things finished there. My mom and Justin's parents and Grandpa have done a ton of work in the last while trying to help us getting ready for the baby. I can't wait to see what the baby's room will look like all set up! My grandma Arlene made the bedding for his room- it was super cute material so I'm excited to see it all done and in place. I will post pictures as soon as we get things put in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment