Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Growing Boy!

Beckett is a growing boy! On Friday I had a check-up with the midwife and I took Beckett with me. The nurse asked if I wanted him weighed- well of course I was curious how big my lil guy was getting as he is eating 6 oz. every 3-4 hours. So she weighed him and he was at 10 lbs. 7.9 oz. Oh my goodness- this kid is gaining about a pound a week! I laughed and had to say I may have to take out a loan when Decklyn and Beckett are teenagers because I'm not sure I'll be able to feed them if they keep eating like that. :D

The Monday before my appointment I had taken Decklyn into the Dr. as he was dealing with a fever and was coughing. The doctor didn't test him but diagnosed him with strep. How exciting, strep in the house with a newborn. Needless to say I was a little nervous that my lil guy may come down with strep as well. The doctor let me know that it would be unlikely that Beckett would get strep but she also warned Decklyn not to be giving Beckett any smooches. Decklyn was good about listening to the doctor. He still wanted to hold Beckett and help out as much as always, but did pretty good about avoiding the kisses. So far Beckett has been healthy! We hope it stays that way! Decklyn is feeling better, but of course now him and Justin both have runny noses. Here comes the colds! It's never ending around here!

On Saturday I had Tiffany Halverson, from The Tiffany Studio come to the house and take the boys' pictures. She is the same gal that took the birth story pictures for me when Beckett was born. I'm so so so excited to see how the pictures turned out. She is so creative and does a great job with lil kiddos. Plus it was nice that we didn't have to leave home for the pictures- she just came right to the house and set everything up here. I'll let you know when they are done as I'm sure I'll have a hard time picking and may need your help!

When Decklyn was done having his pictures taken he was setting up his Calvin doll and some of his stuffed animals and posing them to take pictures of them with his camera. It was hilarious! He was telling Calvin to smile and asking if he was comfortable. He even was trying to pose them like Tiffany had Decklyn and Beckett posing! I may have a little photographer on my hands! Good thing Uncle Chris and Aunt Ashlyn gave him his own camera for Christmas- HE LOVES IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment